The Ruins of Bael Turath
The Dark Library, which was discovered by The Wayfarers and subsequently handed over to The Merchant Guild, is an impressive stone building, two stories high and well preserved. There is also strange multi-colored light spilling from its windows, as if magical spells and rituals are being cast inside.
Arcane runes of power cover the floor and walls inside, their purpose is not evident but some appear to be glowing faintly, while others pulse like a heart beat. There are five large stacks of shelving on the ground floor and while the room itself looks largely untouched, the books themselves are mostly in a bad state of decay, some glow, some drip, some are even floating, other appear to be perpetually burning, some are humming softly, a few are stuck to the roof while others look ripped to shreds, scorched, stained, eaten, and many are covered in mould and fungus. In the 1000 years since the city disappeared, the magic contained in so many tomes and scrolls seems to have leaked out and taken on a mind of its own.
Reading, or even opening, a book from the Dark Library can have dire consequences as much of the magical rituals held within are straining to be released. Some hold extremely rare and powerful rituals, while others like The Book of Hempen hold intriguing surprises.